Carpet tiles offer many advantages over traditional broadloom and make designing your own floor scheme easy. Recently there have been some great new designs introduced specifically for the home market in line with the most up to date trends in home interiors. Interior designers, makeover programmes and interior magazines are increasingly presenting carpet tiles as a new design trend.
Carpet tiles are ideal for creating stylish schemes in homes or for commercial use:
Easy to install
- Easy to transport – boxes to fit in the back of your car.
- Easy to lay on top of laminate/vinyl/concrete with no need for underlay.
- Easy to fit in awkward shaped rooms.
- Easy to clean and if a tile is damaged, you can simply replace the tile rather than the whole floor.
- Easy to lift and take with you if you move home, particularly if you are renting.
- Installations can be done in small areas or temporarily – you can even work around the furniture rather than empty the whole room.
Carpet tiles include a strong backing so they require no underlay or adhesives and produce less waste than other flooring types, particularly in awkward shaped rooms. Any damage or spills can be resolved by replacing one tile rather than the entire floor, which is reassuring and overall means carpet tiles are definitely a cost effective flooring option.